Farming & Rural Law
How we help.
The team at Hammonds Law pool their expertise, experience and resources, to offer the best advice to farmers and rural business operators. We provide advice on all issues affecting the ownership and operation of farms and other rural businesses, whether large or small, from dairy farming to sheep and beef units, cropping and horticulture and rural support businesses and contractors. We provide advice and services of the highest standard. We will assist you to achieve the best result for your farm or rural business.
We believe that problems can be avoided, costs kept to a minimum and harmful consequences prevented if we are consulted as early as possible. Therefore we would urge all clients to contact us early in any process, and especially so with Sale and Purchase Agreements. It is always desirable that we are involved in the preparation of all documents.
In particular we can help on the following issues:
- Rural business structures; companies, trusts, joint venture and equity share enterprises.
- Rural property transactions; the sale and purchase of farm land, livestock and rural businesses.
- Lending and securities.
- Equity partnership and joint venture companies.
- Share-milking agreements, and independent contract milking arrangements.
- Leasing and grazing agreements
- GST and other taxation issues.
- Compliance issues with local and district authorities, and industry and government organisations.
- Co-operative Companies and your relationship with them.
- Employment issues.